“The differences in the military culture versus yoga culture were most interesting to me, and something I had not thought about. Understanding these differences is essential to establishing relationships and credibility with military personnel.”
- Warriors at Ease Level One Trainee
The wound is the place where the light enters you.
The Warriors at Ease Level One Training is Appropriate for:
- Yoga and meditation teachers
- Service providers (including social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, recreation therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical fitness personnel, physician assistants, nurses, doctors, etc.) who have an interest in yoga and meditation as tools for healing and preventing physical and invisible injury
- Veterans, service members, their families, and caregivers who are seeking support
Benefits of Completing the Warriors at Ease Level One Training
Upon receiving your certificate of completion for this course you will be invited to become a member of our Warriors at Ease Global Teacher Network. Benefits include:
- Being listed in our online directory of Warriors at Ease Level One-Trained Teachers
- Access to a private online network of Warriors at Ease-trained teachers
- Invitations to attend monthly continuing education workshops and live discussion groups that are only open to Warriors at Ease-trained teachers
- Completing a pre-requisite for the Level Two Training
"The Warriors at Ease training is one of the most comprehensive trainings I have ever done. It is an essential training for teachers who want to move into teaching the military community. The information, resources, and trainers were excellent and I plan to use the information in all of my classes, not only in working with the military. Thank you to all the staff and teachers involved with this program. You have created a gem.”
- Heather, M.Ed., E-RYT 500
Joining the WAE Teacher Network
At Warriors at Ease we believe in life-long learning. Once you have completed the Warriors at Ease Level One Training, you’ll have the opportunity to join the Warriors at Ease Teacher Network. The Teacher Network provides participants with access to a private network of like-minded Warriors at Ease graduates, live discussions, and monthly continuing education opportunities.
As yoga and mindfulness gain popularity in military communities around the world and policies such as the Department of Veterans Affairs Whole Health Initiative and Armed Forces’ Resilience Directorate continue to evolve, the need for qualified and credentialed teachers and service-providers has never been more prominent.
Warriors at Ease is here to support the training, growth, and education of individuals willing to take the call in bringing these transformative mind-body practices to the military community.Sign Up Now
Introducing Your Level One Training Instructors
U.S. Army Veteran, U.S. Army Spouse
Co-Founder of Warriors at Ease and iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher Trainer
Co-founder of Warriors at Ease
C-IAYT, iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher Trainer
Lt. Col (Ret.) James Alden, U.S. Army
U.S. Army Veteran
U.S. Air Force Veteran
C-IAYT, iRest Yoga Nidra Certified Teacher
Continuing Education Credits
Yoga Alliance & International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
This course is approved for 30 hours of continuing education through Yoga Alliance and is approved for 30 hours of continuing education for Certified Yoga Therapists via the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Teacher Training FAQ's
Do I need to be a yoga instructor to take this course?
What are the prerequisites for this course?
How long does it take to complete this course?
How do I receive a certificate of completion for this course?
Can this course count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
I completed my Warriors at Ease Level One Training prior to April 16, 2018 and would like to take this updated course. Do you offer discounts to those who are already Warriors at Ease-trained teachers?
Stay Up To Date!
Get training info, classes, research, and opportunities delivered directly to your inbox